Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quick & Easy Snacks

Wow, I have definitely neglected this blog for quite a while but with good reason.
I was SO busy in September & October with my little sister's wedding & right after that I found out that I was PREGNANT!
We are incredibly excited & Tyler cannot wait to be a Daddy (& me neither!)
But as a lot of you know with pregnancy comes SICKNESS - nausea, exhaustion, etc.
So.. to be completely honest I have not been amazing in the eating department lately. Meaning I just ate whatever I could keep down at that moment in time. Not necessarily meaning BAD things but meaning maybe just ONE apple or some saltine crackers. lol.

With that being said.. I wanted to share with you some quick and easy snacks & foods that are a staple around here.

Light String Cheese
Low Fat Cottage Cheese (props to those of you who can handle Fat Free)
Triscuits (we love the cracked pepper & olive oil kind)
Eggs, of course
Whole Wheat bread (I love the kind by Aspen Mills - the fewer ingredients the better!)
Apples, Bananas, and any other fruit I can get my hands on
Celery
Natural Peanut Butter (CRUNCHY!)
PICKLES!
Greek Yogurt
Tuna (light, canned in water)
Almonds (I get the raw unsalted from Costco)
Pistachios (I get the original or salt & pepper from Costco)
GNC Amplified Whey protein powder

A few snack ideas with these items:

*Cottage Cheese on Triscuits
*String Cheese & a piece of fruit
*Apple slices dipped in peanut butter
*Celery with peanut butter
*Whole wheat bread toasted with peanut butter & sliced banana
*Scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast
*Greek yogurt with fruit & 1/4 cup cheerios
*Tuna on crackers
*Tuna on whole wheat bread with pickles
*Banana Protein shake - milk, ice, protein powder (vanilla) & banana
*Chocolate Protein Shake - milk, ice, protein powder (chocolate)

Hope this gives you a few ideas on some quick, healthy snacks that are easy to throw together!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see a post from you on here! These are some great ideas! I need to be better at having my snacks be healthy.

    ReplyDelete